Day 27
Like most painters, I have a few items I am just not happy with. They no longer excite me. I hide them under the bed, behind doors, in dark corners...hoping when I next pull them out they will have somehow transformed into something "acceptable". To date, this has not yet happened. So, I've pulled a few of the offenders out and am trying to "rework" them in either an experimental style that I've been eager/hesitant to try OR in the style of whatever mood I'm in Today. This is one of the results. I tried my hand at graffiti over a painting I had higher hopes for. There may be a shine to the photo since it is still very wet (lots of knife painting) and lots of thick buttery oils.
 It is on canvas and 24" X 18".


Comments

  1. I love this painting! You have captured the emotions of the piece in both the figure and her expression, as well as the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, JJ Jacobs. I do not consider myself an abstract painter, but this was quite exciting painting with no real plan for the final look, just throwing paint until it felt right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.