September 21-29, 2014

Apparently I have not posted in a while. I have been busy painting, though.
There were several larger more detailed paintings I wanted to finish. One 
of the 'truths' of painting is that everything does not always work. For weeks
I threw paint on a canvas trying to 'save' a painting when in reality it should 
have been put away. Forcing a success out of it only wasted tubes of paints, 
 time, brainpower, and proved frustrating. The painting grew just as tired of me
as I of it. It has now been hidden in a dark corner to be revisited once 
we have forgiven each other.

by Rachel Jones
(The Unforgivable and Unfinished)

In between the oil painting sessions, I was able to work on a few more watercolor type paintings to loosen up and relax. I found a little leather photo book in a local shop (The Mad Hatter and Company LLC  http://www.madhatterandcompany.com/ ) that will require at least 50 little paintings. 
I'm considering little flowers and little chairs. This may change, but it is the idea at the moment and a project I am looking forward to devoting time to properly.

by Rachel Jones
by Rachel Jones
 

This is the Other Painting I've been working on. It was more cooperative.(Thank you, painting). It is mostly completed except for a little glazing. I will show the full painting soon.
Obviously, not a daily painting. But I have learned so very much from the daily painting challenge in September. Painting more regularly on different things sparked ideas and required changing things up a bit. This is very useful when you may work on one painting continuously as I often do. So all in all, I'm quite happy with the experiment even if I did not post everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.