September 4, 2014

I am not usually into brands. However...I have wanted to replace my Moleskine for quite some time. My first Moleskine was a gift from a friend in Sweden. I loved that little book with it's pockets and smell and fine paper. I filled it with little sketches, mementos and stories. Then it was stolen! I tried to pacify myself hoping the thief would become a better person or an adventurer after reading my little travel stories and antidotes. But most likely, the little book was discarded and they sold the camera and other valuables in the bag for crack. I got to thinking about it lately and told myself that the next painting I sold, I would make sure that a Moleskine was bought for watercolors. And so I did. Without putting too much pressure on myself, I am hoping that the first painting in it will be magical. 
                                                 

I took a charcoal drawing class this weekend to refine some skills. Not to mention there was a model and it is very difficult for me to get live models for practice. I worked on the sketch a little more today. There is still a lot more to do, but I shall leave it unfinished for now until I can see this gentleman again. 

                                                                         
September 4th
Charcoal on Paper
by Rachel Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.