506 ArtSpace is a gallery in North Myrtle Beach.
Nice and cozy and worth visitng.
They recently hosted a small works exhibition. 
I entered a new piece. 



The piece I entered was one I was hoping to paint on a large
canvas at some point and time soon. I thought, how can I shrink the content into something
less than 12 x 12? I needed to do a study anyway and this seemed the 
perfect opportunity, I usually paint  raw and intuitively. Usually studies are NOT the norm. 
But when I say large, I mean I really wanted LARGE. The wisest thing to do despite my avoidance
of painting something more than once was to make a first draft.
I am glad I did. This painting placed Third, I am happy to say.
Please see the show before it ends December 22nd.
Lots of lovely pieces still for sale.
Support local art, Please. 

Each purchase, affords us more paints and surfaces
and all the many other little things we need.

Thank you.


Beholding Jubilation
by Rachel Jones Oil on wood Block
with Ribbon.

Another one that was in the finals is:
 Oil on Canvas
by Rachel Jones


NOTE:
I am currently updating the Available Works page. If there is a particular painting you are interested in that has not been marked sold, please email me concerning it and I will get the details to you. I apologize for any inconvenience during this time. r

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.