The previous Post Shared an example of Janet Roger's amazing work.
Without giving too much away ( I could not do it justice even if I tried...Just take one of her amazing workshops.) I attempted one of my first watercolors. The idea is to do a "wash" then come back 
in for a second pass and add more details and definition. The key is getting the first wash down Correctly the first time.
I struggled with this. I found out that watercolors dry much lighter and therefore should use a heavier touch. I am NOT a heavier touch painter. But I was happy with my first attempts (though I still haven't gotten her hair in)


This project is funded in part by the South Carolina Arts Commission which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts. This project is funded in part by a generous award from the John and Susan Bennett Memorial Arts Fund of the Coastal Community Foundation of SC.





Southcarolinaarts.com


Springmaid
watercolor 1
by Rachel Jones



Springmaid
watercolor 2
by Rachel Jones
My second attempt was a little more saturated. Still far less than everyone else,
but baby steps...baby steps... I was still able to squeeze a wee bit of 
a narrative in. I could not help myself.

Evenings were a great opportunity to speak with much more experienced 
artists and glean great information especially on the business side of things.
Thanks to those who were so generous with their kind words and advice.

More to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.