This weekend is the Fall Art show for Seacoast Artist's Guild here in Myrtle Beach, SC. It will be one of the few events not canceled due to the wind and rain we're experiencing during the beginning of hurricane season. I've been fortunate enough to finish two pieces that I felt OK about entering. Why is it we rarely feel a piece is actually done? But at the risk of overworking them I'd rather have an almost finished painting than overdone. This is a smallish one. It is oil on wood and about 8" X 10". I also finally did a painting of my husband which I'll post later. I am looking forward to seeing all the other work produced by the various artists. It is always a blast. Photos to follow.

the quickening by Rachel Jones Oil on Wood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.