Insight

 


Currently, some of my work is  part of a show at TRAX in Lake City, SC. I have four pieces, but I’d like to focus on these two for a second. This may seem to be a slight departure from my floral figure mix, but it is actually a revisiting of a painting I’ve tackled several times…INSIGHT. Here I present INSIGHT REVISITED and THIRD DEGREE OF INSIGHT. One of my favorite things to do between working on more ‘polished’ pieces is to simply doodle in a sketch book. Often it is necessary to work out composition or ideas, but mostly it is a place where I can just play without any expectations, rules, or eyes prying and scribble until my heart is content.  I find there is magic in that ‘rawness’. It solidly documents the mood or thoughts of a day in a way words cannot. So with these two pieces my goal was to rip a page from that journal and create a ‘finished’ piece without losing the energy and naivety. How did I do? 

by Rachel Jones
30” X 22” mixed media

by Rachel Jones
30” X 22” mixed media detail 

by Rachel Jones
30” X 22” mixed media

TRAX, Lake City, SC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Painting’s Story.