![]() |
| HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY TOO by Rachel Jones |
Deep Dive
I thought this would be a great opportunity to do a Deep Dive into a painting I recently finished. I wanted to create a piece of art and a time capsule of the things that currently occupied my mind during the process. Number One: The Macdonald Sisters. Margaret and Frances Macdonald were two Scottish sisters who were instrumental in the early days of the Glasgow School of Art. They make for a very interesting read. There are many aspects of their process I admire, but I especially liked the painting on raised details. By using QoR watercolor ground on panel, I already had an interesting texture. I next wanted to take it to the next level in their style when they painted jewels and curves. There was more originally, but I brought it back to what you see pictured below. After all… I only wanted a "nod" not a copy. Detail by Rachel Jones Number Two: Vincent van Gogh letters. I love handwritten letters. I still keep b...

Creating something is the perfect distraction for what ails us. It does help to stay positive amid the rough stuff. I’m right there with you and grateful for the outlet. Sending a big hug ❤️
ReplyDelete